HC DrugFree is pleased to partner with the 2017 HoCo FilmFest. Specifically, we are looking for film-savvy teens to create Public Service Announcements (PSAs) that focus on knowing alcohol/drug free alternatives to dealing with stress. Please visit www.hcdrugfree.org for additional information.
This year’s topic is: Stressed Out? KNOW Drug Free Alternatives.
Films should focus on the stresses (school. home, technology, etc.) that teenagers face, and how they can handle stress without drugs and alcohol.
30-90 seconds long
Appropriate for family viewing
Original concept or idea
Films will be judged and the top films shown at the HoCoFilm Festival on Friday, March 10, 2017 at 7 P.M. at the Miller Library in Ellicott City.
Guidelines for HC DrugFree Entries
Intended Use of Winning Film: If the film is appropriate, the winner (and possibly several other entries) may run as PSAs on HC DrugFree’s website, at HC DrugFree programs across Howard County, in local media, and in other ways determined appropriate by HC DrugFree.
Deadline for Films: Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 11:59 P.M.
- Filmmakers must be high school students and live in Howard County.
- Film must be student directed, produced, and edited.
- Film suggested length: 30 seconds to 1:30 minutes.
- Film must be an original concept or idea.
- Film must be appropriate for family viewing. (i.e., no profanity)
- Languages suggested: English or Spanish
- Target audience: Middle School and High School students and their parents
- The HC DrugFree 2017 film category theme must have a focus on the stresses that young adults face today, and strategies to handle stress without the complications of drugs and/or alcohol. Films should direct viewers to go to http://www.hcdrugfree.org.
- All filmmakers entering the HC DrugFree PSA Category must agree to allow HC DrugFree to use their films as PSAs or promotional materials at no cost to HC DrugFree. Complete and sign the HC DrugFree “Video/Audio Recording Authorization and Release” form and include it in your submission package.
- Submissions must meet all HoCo FilmFest Guidelines.
Prize: $100 Gift Card
Winner will be announced on Friday, March 10 at the 2017 HoCo FilmFest at 7:00 p.m. at the Charles E. Miller Library in Ellicott City.
HC DrugFree is committed to keeping youth drug and alcohol free. We are proud partners with the Howard County Public School System, the PTA Council of Howard County, the Howard County Health Department, the Howard County Police Department, the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services, and the Howard County Library. For more information about use of PSAs, please contact Joan Webb Scornaienchi, Executive Director of HC DrugFree at 443-325-0040 or email@example.com.